Pickle Barrel is 50, and we want to celebrate all year long with you! We have an incredible contest, perks and promotions, sweet swag, and a limited-time menu featuring all your favourite items from the last 50 years. We’re going back in time and celebrating each decade that got us here today. Join us for the ride!
CELEBRATE WITH OUR GOLDEN PICKLE CONTEST!
Play the Golden Pickle Contest Scratch and Win+ Contest and you could WIN+ free appetizers, free entrées, throwback tees, a catered celebration or our Grand Prize of free Pickle Barrel for a year. Be one of the first 500 people to spend $50 (pre-tax) in one of our Pickle Barrel restaurants or through a pick-up order and receive a Scratch Card for a chance to win+.
PICKLE BARREL GOLDEN PICKLE SCRATCH & WIN CONTEST (2021)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
- GENERAL. The Golden Pickle Scratch & Win Contest (the “Contest”) is intended for legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec. No purchase necessary. By entering, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and will comply with the following rules (the “Official Rules”) in their entirety, which Official Rules are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest.
- CONTEST The Contest begins on March 29, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on May 2, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER, PLAY and WIN.
- How to Enter & Play.
Purchase Entries – To enter, be one of the first 500 people during the Contest Period (the “Eligible Consumers”) to make a minimum $50 food purchase (pre-tax) in-store at any The Pickle Barrel Restaurant (an “In-Store Order”) or by ordering online directly through The Pickle Barrel website or by calling The Pickle Barrel directly to place your take-out order (a “Take-Out Order” and together with the In-Store Order, an “Order”) (a “Purchase Entry”). Eligible Consumers who have placed a qualifying Order as described above will automatically receive one (1) Golden Pickle Necklace (the “Necklace”) and one (1) Scratch and Win Card (the “Card”). There is a limit of one (1) Purchase Entry per person, per qualifying Order, per day.
Each Card contains a “scratch & win” area that the Eligible Consumer must completely scratch off to reveal whether or not they are eligible to win the corresponding prize indicated. A winning scratch & win area on the Card will reveal the following message “WINNER†! Prize description”. A winning scratch & win area message will describe the prize available to be won, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
All entries are collectively referred to as “Entries”. Your Entry will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
All Entries are subject to verification at any time for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purpose of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
Mail In Entries – No purchase necessary. Provided that you are eligible to enter the Contest as per rule 3 above, mail a plain piece of paper with your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address and a unique and original essay of minimum 200 words setting out your fondest The Pickle Barrel memory to: “Pickle Barrel Golden Pickle Contest”, Recipe Unlimited Corporation, 199 Four Valley Drive, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 0B8, Attention: Pickle Barrel Marketing Department. Each eligible mail in entry must be in a separate envelope with sufficient postage, postmarked during the Contest Period, received prior to the end of the Contest Period and received in accordance with these Rules (a “No Purchase Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) No Purchase Entry per person for the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor will send you one (1) randomly selected Card and one (1) Necklace, while supplies last, per unique and original essay. The Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed mail-in requests or Cards.
Individuals who submit valid Purchase Entries and/or No Purchase Entries (the “Entries”) are hereinafter referred to as an “Entrant”.
All Entrants agree to the use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, the Recipe and/or photographs or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Promotion Parties in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- Scratch and Win Cards
At the start of the Contest Period, there will be 539 Cards and Necklaces available (500 distributed amongst all Pickle Barrel locations and to be provided to Eligible Consumers who make qualifying Orders during such month, and 39 to be provided to individuals who submit No Purchase Entries during such month). Each Pickle Barrel location will receive either 38 or 39 Cards and Necklaces. Cards obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way are automatically void. Submission of the Card is the sole responsibility of the individual seeking verification. No Card copies, duplicates or reproductions of any type will be eligible for the Contest. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for any lost or stolen Cards (all of which are void).
- Prizes Available to be Won
The prizes and distribution of prizes is as follows:
PRIZE ALLOCATIONS APPROX. RETAIL VALUE TOTAL NO. OF CARDS TOTAL ODDS OF WINNING CARDS BY LOCATION (approximate) ODDS BY LOCATION (approximate) Free Pickle Barrel Appetizer on your next visit (up to a value of $13.99 before taxes) $13.99 195 39:100 15 5:13 Free Pickle Barrel Collectible T-shirt $19.99 52 13:125 4 4:39 Free Pickle Barrel Entrée on your next visit (up to a value of $19.99 before taxes) $19.99 130 13:50 10 10:39 Free Pickle Barrel Catered Meal (up to a value of $200 before taxes) $200.00 13 13:500 1 1:39 Sorry, Try Again No value 110 11:50 9 3:13 TOTAL SCRATCH & WIN CARDS 500 39
The 39 Cards available for No Purchase Entries shall have the same allocations as set out above in the “Cards by Location” column and will have the same odds as set out above in the “Odds by Location” column.
Note: The odds of obtaining an eligible ‘WINNER†’ Card will vary by location in Canada based on Card distribution by Sponsor and will change throughout the Contest Period. The total number of prizes available to be won will decrease as prizes are claimed.
The prizes must be accepted as awarded (no substitutions), are not redeemable for cash or transferable. For the Free Appetizer and Free Entrée prizes, the prize must be redeemed during one subsequent visit or order – cash, credits or gift cards will not be awarded if the food purchase amounts to less than the value of the prize.
There will be a Grand Prize draw for one (1) prize consisting of Free Pickle Barrel Dining for 1 year. . The Grand Prize random draw will take place on or about September 17, 2021 (the “Draw Date”) from all eligible submitted Cards received over the course of this Contest Period and 4 additional contest periods. If your Card does not reveal a winning message under the scratch area, you can still complete the back of the card and (a) drop it off at any The Pickle Barrel location by September 10, 2021, or (b) mail said Card to the Sponsor at “Pickle Barrel Golden Pickle Contest”, Recipe Unlimited Corporation, 199 Four Valley Drive, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 0B8, Attention: Pickle Barrel Marketing Department, and you will be entered into the Grand Prize draw. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of completed Cards received. The randomly selected entrant (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by phone or email by September 24, 2021, and will be required to successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared a winner.
Following the Draw Date, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact the Selected Entrant (using the information provided by direct message) within five (5) days of the Draw Date. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to a Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining Cards received during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant).
The Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for any unavailable component of a Prize. The Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or performance of a Prize or activity offered. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any portion of a Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Upon the sole discretion of the Sponsor, a forfeited Prize may be allocated to another eligible Entrant.
- How to Enter & Play.
- HOW TO CLAIM FOOD PRIZES. If you are eligible to win the Free Appetizer or the Free Entrée, before being declared a winner, eligible food prize claimants must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question as identified on the back of the Card without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If you are redeeming your prize while dining-in or as part of a direct pick-up order at any Pickle Barrel location, hand your completed winning Card to a Pickle Barrel employee before paying for your order to be verified and applied to your order. For call-in orders, please state on the phone that you have a winning Card, and then present and submit the completed card when picking up your order. If an eligible winning entrant: (i) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; and/or (ii) cannot accept the applicable prize for any reason; then he/she will forfeit the applicable prize and the Game Card will be deemed null and void and corresponding prize will not be awarded. Prizes cannot be redeemed/claimed if you are placing a pre-paid online order, online delivery order or through a third-party service. All prize claims must be received by end of the business day on or before September 10, 2022. Claims received after September 10, 2022 are null and void and ineligible for prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one prize claim per person per visit.
Food prize claimant must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and must otherwise meet the eligibility requirements noted above in Rule 3. To be eligible to claim a food prize, the food prize claimant must have reached the legal age majority in the jurisdiction of residence or in the event that a person under the legal age of majority receives an eligible Card, they are permitted to transfer the Card to their parent or legal guardian, who will then become the eligible entrant.
- HOW TO CLAIM CATERED PRIZE. If you are eligible to win the Free Catered Meal, eligible claimants must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question as identified on the back of the Card without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. When you are ready to place your order, contact The Pickle Barrel Catering at 416-493-4333 (or toll free at: 1-866-493-4333) and identify on the phone you have a winning Card. You will need to identify the promo code under the scratch area of your Card when speaking to The Pickle Barrel Catering Consultant. The winning Card must be presented and submitted to The Pickle Barrel delivery person when your meal is delivered. Failure to present a valid winning Card to the delivery person may result in you being charged the full prize of the catered meal.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE FREE T-SHIRT. If you are eligible to win the Free T-Shirt, eligible claimants must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question as identified on the back of the Card without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. Bring the winning Card to the same Pickle Barrel locations where you received the Card, and the Card will be verified and the prize awarded. If you received a winning Card as a result of a No Purchase Entry, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “Golden Pickle Scratch & Win” and provide your contact details and someone will be in touch to assist in claiming your prize.
- COMPLETION OF PRIZE CLAIM. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, a liability release releasing the Promotion Parties from any liability occurring as a result of a Prize being awarded and used and, where lawful, a publicity consent (collectively, a “Declaration”) before any prize is awarded. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification and potential selection of an alternate eligible winner. The Selected Entrant will not be confirmed as a winner unless the Entrant has complied with all of the Official Rules and correctly answered a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable or any determination that any Selected Entrant is ineligible, may result in disqualification and potential selection of an alternate eligible winner. The Promotion Parties will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. By accepting a prize, each Entrant agrees to the use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Promotion Parties in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify winner(s). Use of a prize or any portion thereof, for a Contest or re-sale is strictly prohibited. No substitution of prizes will be permitted, except by the Sponsor who may substitute a prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value at their sole discretion. The Sponsor obligation to the winner(s) is limited to the prizes specified above.
- RELEASE. By entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant, and/or winner agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, franchisees and agencies (the “Releasees”) from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of a prize (including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. The Promotion Parties and their officers, directors, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, successors and assigns: (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty.
- ERRORS & DAMAGE. The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the winner(s), or the distribution of any prize. The Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular, or misdirected entries, email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions or human errors that may occur. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or more prizes are awarded than planned, including due to a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, the Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Entrants further agree to release the Promotion Parties from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or the awarding or use of a prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this Contest at any time.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant with these Official Rules, or as a result of problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND. The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this Contest (or, amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or failure. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from this Contest and any future contest, sweepstakes or other promotion conducted by the Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be tampering with the prize claim process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend this Contest, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor is collecting personal data about the eligible winner only for the purposes of administering this Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by Entrants, unless the Entrant provides the Sponsor with explicit permission to do so.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Contest and the Official Rules are governed by and to be construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS. The Contest is subject to these complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Official Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Sponsor will not involve itself in, and the Releasees accept no obligation or liability in respect of, any dispute regarding the identity of the rightful selected Entrant. In any such case, the Sponsor reserves the right to take whatever action it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.